Collin Wiant’s Mother Hopes to Bring Awareness to Hazing

A Dublin mother is sharing her son’s story in hopes of bringing to light the dangers of hazing.

Collin Wiant, 18, died on November 12, 2018. The Ohio University freshman was found on the floor of the off-campus house of the Sigma Pi fraternity. A coroner ruled Wiant died from asphyxiation due to nitrous oxide ingestion.

Since his death, his mother Kathleen Wiant has been on a mission to put an end to hazing.

“Collin’s death was so painful, and it was also so avoidable,” Wiant said. “It’s just something that once you go through it, you can’t not make other people aware of it. I will beat this drum as long as I live because I know if people know more, it will change their actions and their decisions and it will save people.”


Let Us Help. Contact Us Today.